A Vegas community connection
On the hunt for something to do for Mother’s Day in Vegas 2013? Treat mom to the type of spectacle that can only be found in Las Vegas by securing tickets for a stellar Sin City show, or bring her to a cool one of a kind event that will help this holiday stand out from ones past. Bottom line: secure tickets fast because all over the city Las Vegas visitors and residents alike set aside gambling and partying to shower mom with affection.
Vegas Uncork'd at Mandalay Bay for Mother's Day in Vegas: For a twist on the traditional Mother’s Day brunch in Vegas, bring mom to this foodie paradise taking place outside the Mandalay Bay Las Vegas hotel , Thursday through Sunday. Each day, world-renowned chefs cook up some of their most sought-after cuisine. Mom will savor each and every bite of this gourmet food festival, whether you take her as part of a pre-Mother’s Day celebration to the Oyster Extravaganza or the Beer Garden, or go on Sunday and sample celebrity chef Alain Ducasse’s best food and hear him speak as you munch on the delectable fare.
Las Vegas Beatles Love at Mirage: After you and mom have had your fill of food whether at a Vegas hotel restaurant for a delicious brunch or have had your fill of scrumptious samples at Vegas Uncork’d, cap off the day by securing tickets to a great Las Vegas show like the Beatles Love show at the Mirage. Mom will love singing along to to the songs of her youth, as you both take in the spectacle unfolding in front of your eyes. Cirque du Soleil acrobats will be performing gravity-defying feats set to the most beloved Beatles songs. Be sure to check for last-minute Vegas deals on the show so that you’ll have some extra money in your pocket to enjoy some of the other fun things to do in Vegas with mom.
David Copperfield at MGM Grand for Las Vegas Mother's Day: Treat mom to a show she won’t soon forget at this mind-blowing Vegas magic show for Mother’s Day 2013. Be prepared to be amazed as this modern day Houdini wows you with illusions, tricks and seemingly impossible acts that need to be seen to be believed. With three shows at the MGM Grand Vegas hotel this weekend, there should be one you can catch with mom to make her holiday all the more special. Another perk is that kids love magic more than anyone else, making this an ideal show for the whole family to attend as a bonding activity this weekend.
Jersey Boys at Paris Vegas: Is your mom a lover of musicals? Jersey Boys has managed to become a world-wide phenomenon, and luckily enough for Las Vegans this toe-tapping musical is currently a permanent fixture at the Paris Vegas hotel. This show chronicles the rise of Franki Valli as he climbed up the charts during the 1960’s and shot to superstardom by the 1970’s. Catchy and recognizable songs make up the soundtrack while retro costumes and spectacular dance numbers audience transfixed. This feel-good Vegas show will be a fun and memorable way to close out a phenomenal Mother’s Day.
Jay Leno at the Mirage for Mother's Day in Las Vegas: Give mom an excuse to laugh this weekend by bringing her to see Jay Leno perform at Vegas hotel, the Mirage. He may be fresh off a network dispute with NBC, but that doesn’t mean his comedy act will be anything less than hilarious. The performance gets underway at 10 pm, so be sure to fit in some Las Vegas shopping and a delicious dinner at a fine Vegas restaurant beforehand. Be sure to get your tickets fast for this show, as it is bound to a be a popular destination for Mother’s Day in Vegas 2013.
What events and shows are you excited to check out this Mother's Day in Las Vegas? Fin the best Vegas deals and keep up with what's new in Vegas by following Wedoitallvegas.com. Keep in the know and Let us know what you think on the WDIV facebook and Wedoitallvegas twitter pages!
Las Vegas Cinco De Mayo festivities seem to be even bigger north of the border than in their country of origin. Americans are intent on having a great time for any holiday, and this especially holds true for Sin City. In addition to the fun parties happening throughout the city at Las Vegas hotels for Cinco de Mayo, several concerts and events are worth checking out in between margaritas and tacos.
1. Calvin Harris and Tiesto at Hakkasan MGM Grand: UK star Calvin Harris will be performing at the Vegas Strip’s newest nightclub venture, Hakkasan at MGM Grand on May 4, while Tiesto with Danny Avila will be putting on an exciting electronic show on Cinco de Mayo. Expect a fun and energetic crowd at these performances. This is also a perfect opportunity to test out the buzzed about Hakkasan nightclub for the first time if you haven’t already checked it out.
2. Santana at the House of Blues: Want to wrap up your Cinco de Mayo Vegas weekend by seeing a fantastic Las Vegas concert? An Intimate Evening With Carlos Santana-Greatest Hits Live is a solid bet for fans of classic rock and unbelievable guitar playing. Doors open at 7 pm and the performance gets underway at 8 pm. For those who can’t make the Cinco de Mayo show but are still interested in catching this concert, it will be ongoing at the House of Blues at the Mandalay Bay for the next month.
3. Two Day Fiesta at Cantina Laredo: A whole weekend of fun and festivities are scheduled to take place at this Mexican restaurant in honor of Cinco de Mayo in Las Vegas, located in the Westside. Live bands will get everyone in the spirit to celebrate from 6-9 pm on Saturday, and guests will have a chance to take a whack at a festive pinata, roll some cigars and win some exciting prizes. Plenty of delicious Mexican cuisine will be served as well, so save room for some chips and guacamole and $2 tacos. Sunday is more of a family-friendly affair for Vegas Cinco de Mayo, which is hard to find in Vegas at any time of the year but especially on Cinco De Mayo. Kids will love the pony rides, games, pinatas and music, while adults can sit back and relax while sipping on a margarita.
4. Cinco De Mayo Mexican Food Street Fair at Dos Caminos: Give your stomach a Cinco de Mayo to remember by checking out this Mexican food street fair. Setting up shop in a 4,000 square foot tent in this Las Vegas restaurant parking lot, the Vegas Cinco de Mayo event will consist of chefs cooking up tasty tacos, grilled corn, mango on a stick and more! Chowing down on your favorite Mexican food items will be accompanied by mariachi music and margarita-making demonstrations. Also, it’s not often that drinking/eating and charity work go hand in hand, but some of the proceeds of this food festival will be donated to The Three Square Food Bank, so not only will guests be satisfying their appetite but they’ll be doing it for a good cause.
5. Cinco de Mayo Festival in Vegas at Boulevard Mall: This will be a look at the history and culture of Mexico, and the entire mall will be transformed from a Vegas shopping mecca into a full-fledged cultural festivall, complete with music, dancing and other fun ways to spend your holiday. It will take place on Sunday from noon to 6 pm
Nothing quite says that Spring has arrived in Sin City like the opening of the Las Vegas Pool Party season. Most of the major Vegas pool party venues are already open, although Ditch Fridays at the Palms have yet to begin, and visitors will have to wait until May 3, 2013 for the Grand Opening of Tao Beach at the Venetian to join the Vegas pool party circuit. Each Vegas pool party has a different atmosphere and type of guest, so We Do It All Vegas has broken down the scene to help select which parties will the best fit for you to check out this Spring or Summer.
Wildest Parties: Some Vegas pool parties are definitely dominated by the younger and more raucous crowd, so check these two venues out if you are prepared for massive crowds of 20-somethings partying hard.
Wet Republic at the Las Vegas MGM Grand Casino and Resort: Wet Republic at the MGM Grand has been reopened since March, and this pool party Vegas hotspot is as wild and crazy as previous seasons. Droves of college students head here during Spring Break, but it is a major party destination throughout the warmer months. Wet Republic is comprised of a few adult-only pools to choose from at its MGM Grand location; some of these are saltwater pools which add an authentically beachy feel to the experience. Stop by on the weekend when the parties are underway, with hot musical artists and some of the best Vegas DJ’s adding to the already thriving party atmosphere. Visitors can expect daily contests, a sundeck to relax under and swanky VIP bungalows.
Rehab Sundays at the Vegas Hard Rock Hotel and Casino: The pool parties at Paradise at this Vegas Hotel are another huge draw for those looking to have a good time. Take in the bikini-clad girls, fun activities and stunning setting which help set these Vegas pool parties apart from the other ones happening elsewhere on the strip. Revisit childhood with Summer Camp Fridays, which include classic summertime activities but with the bonus of plenty of free-flowing alcohol . Nectar Music Festivals take place on Saturdays at which some chart-topping musicians are scheduled to make appearances, and the notorious Rehab Sundays, which are the craziest party scene of the three.
Upscale Parties: Want to experience a Vegas pool party for yourself but a little apprehensive about competing with the hordes of college students who will be living it up on Spring Break for a cocktail? Stick to one of the more upscale venues, which are usually frequented by a slightly older crowd who likes the luxurious side of Vegas.
Liquid at Aria Las Vegas: This exclusive new pool just opened in March, but it is already becoming a go-to destination for the jet-set Vegas crowd. The Aria is renowned as being the epitome of Vegas elegance and luxury, and this classy atmosphere extends to its new adult-only pool. The atmosphere at the Aria is much more sedate and relaxed than at the Hard Rock or MGM Grand, but still provides a great time with a DJ blasting music and plenty of refreshing cocktails to go around. Take a breather from swimming and tanning by decompressing in one of the high-end cabanas as you nibble on a snack and sip a cocktail or two.
Encore Beach Club: For a Vegas pool party that is arguably the swankiest of all, Encore Beach Club offers up an unparalleled Vegas pool party experience at the luxurious and upscale Wynn hotel. The Wynn prides itself on maintaining an exclusive ambiance at its hotel, and this is true for its pool area as well. Feel like a celebrity for a day by taking advantage of Encore’s Red Carpet VIP service, which allows guests first pick on lily pads and day beds, plus attentive treatment throughout the day. The food and drink menu is available for all guests as well, and will impress them with a wide variety of cocktails and other beverages to choose from, offset by a menu that is akin to some of the fine dining options available at Vegas restaurants.The pool parties this summer promise to be some of the best on the strip, as they marry Vegas glamour with a pool party experience that is difficult to match.
Want to get a better street view of some of the Vegas hotels and pools listed? Check out Street Views, one of our favorite sites for getting a better idea of what Vegas hotels look like before making a reservation. To get an idea of the street views for the Vegas hotels listed in this article, click on the Street Views link above and then click - United States, then Nevada NV, and then Las Vegas.
Which style of party are you eager to check out this season to cool off from the heat? Let us know whether you will be attending one of the more wild parties or a luxurious one on the WDIV facebook page or WeDoItAllVegas Twitter!
Even though Las Vegas is like a grown-up’s playground, Sin City probably isn’t known as the family vacation capital of the world. However, that reputation may be a bit unfair as there are plenty of fun things to do in Vegas with kids this Spring 2013. Some of the premier Las Vegas hotels can also be family-friendly, and there are some shows that will be playing in the next few months that will appeal to kids as well. We Do It All Vegas has collected the following Vegas attractions, hotels and entertainment to help you plan your next family vacation.
1. Circus Circus: The first step to planning a family-friendly Las Vegas vacation is securing a room at a Las Vegas hotel that will appeal to both children and adults. Circus Circus is ideally situated on the Vegas strip, and this Vegas hotel’s mezzanine level is filled with almost every kid-friendly activity conceivable. Arcades, a full amusement park, dozens of carnival games and ongoing circus acts make this Vegas hotel every kid’s dream come true.
2. New York, New York: Another great option for a family-friendly Las Vegas hotel is New York, New York. The replica Coney Island midway and exhilarating roller coaster will have the kids smiling and the adults happy to spend some time (and hopefully not too much money) gambling at the in-house casino.
3. Discovery Children’s Museum: This Las Vegas museum just reopened at this bigger and better downtown Vegas location in early April 2013, and it is already gaining a reputation as a kid’s paradise. Kids will love racing around to the various hands-on exhibits that are sure to keep them entertained for hours on end. Sit back and watch as your kid squeals with delight while climbing the Summit, a 70-foot wire enclosed tower, and as they splash around at Water World. They’ll be so amused they won’t even notice that many of the exhibits are also educational!
4. Disney’s Beauty and the Beast and Disney on Ice: Treasure Trove: Disney is bringing two family friendly Las Vegas shows for April 2013. The whole family will be captivated by a performance of the Beauty and the Beast Musical at the Smith Center, which is running from April 16-21 in Las Vegas. Children will be thrilled to see all of their favorite disney characters on ice as part of the Disney on Ice: Treasure Trove, a figure-skating extravaganza that will be taking place from April 25-28 at the Thomas and Mack Center in downtown Las Vegas.
5. Ringling Bros and Barnum and Bailey Circus: What kid doesn’t love the spectacle of the circus? Luckily enough, the family can grab some popcorn and settle in for a show courtesy of Ringling Bros and Barnum and Bailey Circus, which will be in town from June 13-16, 2013. Be amazed as acrobats perform awe-inspiring feats and get up close and personal with an elephant or lion or two.
This Spring, Las Vegas will finally unveil its highly new-anticipated restaurant club hybrid, Hakkasan at the MGM Grand. This new Las Vegas venue is part of an effort to rebrand the MGM Grand, and will be a five-level new addition to the Vegas strip. The project has been ongoing for years, and is rumored to have cost $100 million to build. The management want this new nightlife and culinary hotspot to become one of the premiere Las Vegas destinations, and the buzz surrounding the Hakkasan opening seems to indicate that it may be slated to do just that. Hakkasan is a world-renowned restaurant group that is branching out with Angel Management Ltd to create an all-encompassing new Las Vegas fine dining and nightlife experience.
The grand opening of Hakkasan will take place on Thursday April 25, 2013 and will continue throughout the weekend, wrapping things up on Sunday April 28, 2013. This new Las Vegas destination is at the Vegas hotel the MGM Grand in the heart of the Vegas strip and the epicenter of all things exciting happening in the area. The creators of Hakkasan have lured many of the top DJs in the area away from their previous gigs, and their presence is sure to guarantee the club will be a huge draw on the Las Vegas party circuit. These DJs include some of the biggest names in the business like Steve Aoki, Laidback Luke, Calvin Harris and even Grammy award-winning electronic artist, Deadmau5. The grand opening of Hakkasan Las Vegas is bound to be a memorable affair, with this great line-up that will be added to for the first weekend as well.
The restaurant aspect of Hakkasan is modern Cantonese inspired food that is sure to be delicious with Michelin starred chef Ho Chee-Boon leading the way. Hakkasan already has branches in such diverse locations as London, Mumbai, Abu Dhabi, Miami, Dubai and New York City, and the food at all of these other outlets is renowned for being authentic Chinese food brought to life with first-rate ingredients and innovative techniques. This Las Vegas opening will highlight some of this tasty food with a fine dining experience to accompany the raging parties in the nightclub section of Hakkasan Las Vegas. Guests will get to enjoy this scrumptious food in a fantastic setting, as the architecture of Hakkasan promises to be truly stunning. The creators enlisted some of the top architects to marry a classic Chinoserie style to some Las Vegas glitz and glamour. The end result is said to be worth the long wait that construction and design costs entailed.
If you're planning your trip to Las Vegas, check out the WDIAV Las Vegas deals page to keep in the know on the best hotels and promo codes in Las Vegas! Also, follow the We Do It All Vegas Facebook page to stay in the know on the best Las Vegas shows, hotels, deals, and more!